Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Margaret: In Loving Memory 8"x10"


Although this piece took me a little longer than I originally anticipated (a bit over two weeks), I'm really pleased with the outcome. I had a picture to work from that I was able to reproduce pretty accurately and then added a background that I thought would compliment the colors of the dog. This portrait was also done with colored pencils, which I think was a great medium to convey the coloring and texture of the dog, as well as add an interesting look to the background. The layering of the colors took a long time, and getting the tiny details (the teeth, the brindle coloring) was difficult but I'm really happy with how I was able to capture those little pieces that truly make the piece as accurate as possible to the subject.   

No comments:

Post a Comment